Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Something Creative?

So the anniversary of our engagement is coming up this Saturday, April 1st. Yes, my husband proposed to me on April Fools Day. I’ll tell you the story on Saturday, seems like an appropriate time.
Since it’s likely that BS will be taking up most of our time & energy around our wedding anniversary in May (and since, TS’s birthday is two days before our anniversary), I was thinking we ought to go out to celebrate this anniversary and not worry about it in May. We actually tend to honor this one more then the wedding one. I’ve always felt that the day DS asked me to marry him, I said yes and he put the ring on my finger, was really the day we were married. Our wedding was just our way of sharing it with the rest of the world. But our engagement was about US.

Stop gagging, I really do feel that way.

I would like to go out for a nice dinner, somewhere swanky. If we were going to do this I would prefer that TS stay overnight somewhere, which means G’ma’s or SIL. Both of whom will be working to get ready for a family baby shower they’re giving me the next day. So that idea’s out. I guess we could do it the next weekend or something, but I’d really like to do something Saturday. How often does your anniversary actually fall on a weekend?

Yeah, I could make a nice dinner & we could watch a movie or something, but the thing is after 8:00 (when TS goes to bed) I’m pretty much shot. Pathetic, I know. I don’t think I can make it through a whole movie.

Plus we have to do the dishes if we do that. Which sucks.

I need something creative.

0 comments: