Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Summertime Blues

I guess I don't need to post to my blog today, I'll just direct everyone to Antique Mommy's. It's so my life right now.

Now add a 2 month old who has reflux (or just severe gas or something, who knows, she not happy a lot of the time) but she is sleeping 6-8 hours a night, so I'm not really complaining. And the dr gave us reflux drugs, so we'll see. I haven't started them with her yet, but that's fodder for another post.

I was thinking maybe I was having a touch of PPD (post partum depression) because I just have no patience for TS these days. And it's so not like me. I mean I'm bitchy to everyone else in my life, but I used to be consistantly nice to my kid. (But then she used to be consistantly nice to me.) I feel so bad about it. It’s summer we get to hang together all summer, we should be having fun! But it’s not fun, at least a lot of the time it’s not. It’s a lot of work and frustration for both of us. And the more I realize that the more bummed out about it I get.

Antique Mommy's post did make me realize that it probably isn't PPD or even just hormones, it's probably just us. Both of us frustrated by our current state of life, taking it out on each other. Needing each other and not wanting to all at the same time. Sigh.

1 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

When Sean was a newborn he would start crying about 15 minutes after I fed him and just would. not. stop. Finally we put him on soy milk formula and it seemed to solve the problem. Now he can tolerate a little bit of regular milk, but very much still gives him a tummy ache. We also went through a lot of Mylecon (or the cheapie Wal-Mart brand). Just something to consider if the reflux drugs don't work. I know it's maddening and then throw a toddler in the mix and not enough sleep... aackh. Makes Marine boot camp look like a tea party.