Saturday, September 26, 2009

Weekend Recipe - Provencal Lemon and Olive Chicken

Found this one on Disney Family Food. don't ask me how I found it, I'm sure it was through some slow cooker search or something. (Queen of the Crock Pot that's me!) Anyway, I didn't get to eat any of it! I know! I made it on the day of my tooth issue, so wasn't much in the mood for anything. The kids, however, raved, about it. Super easy (obviously it's coming from me) and super good, so I'm passing it on. Happy cooking!

Link to recipe: http://family.go.com/food/recipe-cp-630077-proven-al-lemon-and-olive-chicken-t/

Link to website: http://family.go.com/food/


Provençal Lemon and Olive Chicken

From our provider:
full star full star empty star empty star empty star Rated by 40 members
0 Comments

Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 6 hours
Yield: 8 servings

Ingredients

    2 cups chopped onion
    8 skinless chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds)
    1 lemon, thinly sliced and seeds removed
    1 cup pitted green olives
    1 tablespoon olive brine from jar or white vinegar
    2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
    1 bay leaf
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon black pepper
    1 cup chicken broth
    1/2 cup minced fresh parsley

Directions

  1. Place onion in 4-quart CROCK-POT® slow cooker. Arrange chicken thighs over onion. Place lemon slice on each thigh. Add olives, brine, herbes de Provence, bay leaf, salt and pepper. Slowly pour in chicken broth.
  2. Cover; cook on LOW 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 31/2 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in parsley before serving.
Note
To skin chicken easily, grasp skin with paper towel and pull away. Repeat with fresh paper towel for each piece of chicken, discarding skins and towels

0 comments: