Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Week Two, Points Plus

I did go to my meeting today. Yeah for me! But, I gained this week. Boo! I wasn't completely shocked. I gained .6 of a pound. If I hadn't worn jeans I could've broke even or maybe even lost this week. I gauge my weight by how my clothes fit, not by a number on a scale so much. I don't even own a scale. I was talking with another member in line today, (she's lost 140+ lbs so far) and when I told her I didn't own a scale her mouth hit the ground. Once she pulled her chin back up she said, "Good for you!" I suppose so. I've always said, "It's not how much you weigh, it's how much you look like you weigh." Spoken like a true skinny girl. It is true though. My fat jeans are loose on me, once they hit the point where I'm pulling them up constantly, it's hard to tell if they are looser than before. Not so much today.
I know why I didn't loose this week. Being sick didn't help me. I didn't eat, which is bad. My body will hold onto food because it isn't sure when it's getting fed again. When I did eat, I felt entitled to have things I should stay away from because I hadn't eaten. You can see how well that worked for me. I also didn't count a stray cookie or piece of chocolate here and there. Those add up, and the scale reminded me of that. So, it's not entirely a surprise. It's good for me to get a wake up call like this, .6 isn't a big setback, this is just a reminder for me to get my act together or I'm wasting my time and money.