Wednesday, May 17, 2006

And the Insanity Continues….


Here’s the thing. I’m starting to feel like I’m getting a groove, but then I realize it’s just because I’m actually getting a little sleep at night now. It still takes me over 3 hours to get TS, BS & myself out the door. And usually that means I didn’t bathe them or I forgot to put my make up on or something. So I feel like I’m doing better, but then I get out the door & look in the rear view realizing I’ve got like the splotchiest face on earth. Reality Check. Sigh

BTW, BS is eating and gaining weight like a champ now. She’s also started being “gassy” in the evenings & all night the other night. I can deal with that stuff a little better. Not life threatening, just healthy lungs.

In case you were wondering, my mom’s day was not stellar. Just as we were putting everything on the table TS had a mach 10 meltdown. As this progressed BS ended up needing to eat, (I had planned the day so we’d be finishing dinner and I could run upstairs and feed her w/out impacting everyone else. TS’s meltdown threw everything off kilter.So much for planning.) My mom & SIL ended putting everything together on the table. Nice. I guess it’s just part of being a mom.

And just to keep you up to date on what’s happening with me; I’m having some major back (pain) issues. It’s been getting progressively worse since labor and by yesterday I could hardly walk. I got into a physical therapist, who informed me that my tailbone is locked into my pelvic bone and being pulled forward. Yes, it’s uncomfortable (that’s an understatement.) She thinks probably the baby was on my right side which is now all stretched out and my left side was pulling everything forward to compensate for the weight & space of the baby. Now that baby is out, my ligaments & muscles are still pulling (everything is all loose & out of shape as you might guess) and have started pulling everything out of whack. I felt better yesterday after she worked on me, but it’s getting back out of whack again. I’m ok as long as I’m not moving. Minor detail.

Ok, there’s your update. Hopefully, I will start to actually get a groove and be able to start checking my email & posting on here more regularly. Plus you’ve got your promised pix. More to come, of course.

1 comments:

Antique Mommy said...

The first three months are all about finding that groove.

Love the bottom of the feet picture.