Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fun Monday!

I’m Back!
The lovely Mariposa is hosting this week and has chosen a topic I’m interested in participating in.

(1) Please share to us how the NAME of your BLOG was made? I can't wait to
hear interesting funny stories!
(2) Please share to us (in words or photo, though a combination of both
will be a bonus!) your favorite/ most common dish!

1) I wish I had a funny story to share on this one. I knew I wanted to start a blog, but I also knew I didn’t want to use our family’s real names, so I wanted some kind of title that would lend itself toward a name. When I first started this blog my intent was two-fold: to give myself an outlet and to have a written record of myself for my girls. (I want them to have a better understanding of me as a person, of course I won’t let them read this till I’m old and dead, so maybe it’s really for my great grandkids.) After looking up many others (already used) I came up with Mommy Speak. It allowed me to use DaddySpeak, MommySpeak, ToddlerSpeak and BabySpeak or The House O’Speak which I liked. It gave an indication of the blog topic, so it was all good. Of course, toddler and baby aren’t anymore, but it’s still a name I’m happy with.

2) My favorite dish: ummm…Chocolate! Seriously my very favorite thing to eat/drink is my daily mocha from Starbucks. Seriously. Kinda pathetic, huh? I really like a lot of other foods, I list some of those below, but if you wantta make mama happy the fastest way is a: Vente, decaf, single-shot, whole-milk, w/whip mocha. Warms me up and makes me smile just thinking about it.
Other foods high on my list:
Greek
Sushi/sashimi
Swiss Fondue
Ethiopian Food
Mexican
Tapas
Ok, now I'm hungry! Go visit Maraposa for the rest of the Fun Monday participants.

19 comments:

-Ann said...

I love Mochas and have been known to make them at home, using instant coffee and Cadbury's Drinking Chocolate. they;'re not half bad but then I have low standards. :)

Gattina said...

For me it was easy to find a blog name, I love to write and get writer's cramps, lol !

mama speak said...

Ann,

I make them at home w/hersey's syrup, (we don't have cadbury's here, but the best is when i can find dark hersey's syrup) expresso and whole milk. But it's never the same! I can get close, but starbucks has their own dark chocolate distributor (yes, sadly I do know that much about it.)

Pamela said...

the speak was a good idea.
I love chocolate, too. As I've aged, however, it doesn't love me back. It gives me acid reflux. BUT, if I eat it for breakfast I'm usually better by bedtime (:

j said...

I like chocolate too but it dowsn't like me. My poor hips! Jen

Sai Hijara - Ferraris said...

Finally, somebody voted for sushi and sashimi! LOL

Happy Fun Monday!

Sayre said...

Since becoming a diabetic, I've had to go "skinny" at Starbucks - and it is NOT the same!!!!

You and I blog for the same reasons as you'll see when you visit me.

Hootin Anni said...

I truly think your blog name is quite fitting for your own personal reasons that we can all understand, y'know?

And chocolate? You mean to tell me it's NOT one of the basic food groups?


My Fun Monday is up if you haven't dropped by...I hope you can visit!!!

Sauntering Soul said...

Mmmmmm, chocolate! Also a favorite food of mine.

I'm going to have to try some of the chocolate coffee drinks in the comments. I love Starbucks (there's one in the lobby of the building I work in which is so dangerous) but it gets expensive.

JennV said...

Starbucks... Yummmm!! House O'Speak... I love it!

Have a Fun Monday!

Unknown said...

It is a good all-round blog name.

Chocolate - yummmm!

Carrie @carrieloves said...

CarrieSpeak thinks that is very cute! I love chocolate too - mochas are my fav!

Faye said...

Great idea to get down some of your thoughts to be shared with kids when they're older. And thanks for reminding me that I have a Starbucks gift certificate--mocha for me tomorrow!

Sandy said...

ummmmm...chocolate.

Great post. Thanks. Going to the store now.

Gattina said...

I hope everybody listens when Mommy speaks, lol !

Anonymous said...

makes me want to have a cup of coffee now! yum yum!

my4kids said...

My favorite mocha is a peppermint mocha from starbucks....mmmmmm

I like the name it works.

Karina said...

Hmmm chocolate, hmmm sushi, hmmm...yep, now I'm hungry too! ;-)

I'm a little late getting around to the FMers, but hey, better late than never, right? ;-)

Irish Coffeehouse said...

Ha, ha! I think your blog name is pretty cool. :)

Chocolate, oh yes, I can do that too! lol

Thanks for sharing!