Monday, January 23, 2006

So F***ing PISSED!!!

So I had this unbelievably busy afternoon. Get off work. Drive home. Pick up dogs. Take dogs to new boarding place for playdate/evaluation. Yoga. Pick up Toddlerspeak (TS) from daycare. Pick up dogs. Drive home. Blah, blah, blah. You get the idea. General mom stuff. Well driving home my gas light goes on (of course). I stop to get gas after dropping off the dogs. Only the place I stop at seems to have their ATM system down. Not unusual for this place, so I drive to yoga, get TS after and stop for gas at another station (same company) on the way to pick the dogs up. Also, seems their system is down. Grrr…. I have $5 on me, so I put that in the tank (not literally). When I pick up the dogs and try to pay, their system isn’t cooperating now either. Hmmmm….maybe it isn’t just the gas station. (Thank goodness for checks, right?) So I get home & go to check my online banking AND I’M LOCKED OUT OF THAT!!!! On any other normal night I probably would’ve chalked it up to bad karma, but for some reason I decided to not be a flake for a change and call the bank.

Turns out my card has been “compromised”. WTF! (You mean, someone took my card on a date, got it drunk & took advantage of it???? Well, just got it drunk, the room mates stepped in & got her home before she went home with the jerk.) Apparently, I used it somewhere and they realized that all the cards during a certain time period were stolen, mine included. Nice, huh? So my card, online banking, etc…all blocked. Now I have to wait for a new bank card (5-7 days). 5-7 days is an eternity for someone who rarely carries more then $5 in her wallet & visits Starbucks several times a day. helllo??? Who are these people who decide the time frame for a new card is 5-7 days???? How the hell do they get anything done w/out their ATM cards for that length of time??? I got them to unblock it for an hour so I could run out at ten o’clock at night, make a deposit, take out cash and get gas (I'm sure I scared the crap out of that gas station attendant) to cover my arce for the next 5-7 days. Jeez I hate this kind of crap! I was thinking I had missed this too!

0 comments: