Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Umm… Duh!

So apparently, I have no clue when it comes to this whole pregnancy/labor thing. I got on my doctor’s website this AM to look up information about BH contractions & in the “When to Call the Doctor” section it says this:

When to call the office:
Pre-term labor: Pre-term labor occurs at less than 36 weeks. Many patients have occasional irregular contractions, also known as Braxton-Hicks that may be painful. If you have more than 5 contractions in an hour, stop all activities, drink extra fluids and stay in bed. If you continue to have more than 5 contractions in an hour, call your obstetrician.

Umm, ok.
I feel a bit stupid now.
Obviously everything is fine. But I know it’s been doing this & I'm just now reading about it. So much for the second time mom, huh?

I’m having them again right now. Guess I’ll call if they last an hour, it’s been happening for over half an hour minutes so far. I feel like such a dork.

0 comments: