Saturday, March 04, 2006

The Wiggles are coming!!!

We watch A LOT of The Wiggles around out place. (I know all the songs & dance moves. But hey, I'm groovy like that.)

As a baby, Toddlerspeak (TS) was like the only munchkin who wouldn't be appeased by hanging out in front of Baby Einstein (AKA – Crack for Babies, that should get some interesting hits off the internet, don’t you think?) so when she got old enough & discovered The Wiggles I was actually thrilled.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not a huge proponent of sticking you toddler (or kid for that matter) in front of the TV as a babysitter, (I’m more of a proponent of “everything in moderation”.) But if something gives me 10 minutes to do breakfast dishes I’m not sure it’s totally a bad thing.

We really discovered the magic that is The Wiggles when we were getting ready to move last October. They gave us the ability to get some boxes packed and I can’t thank them enough. I don’t feel too bad about her watching them because (like Sesame Street) they teach the kids a lot of important things and the way TS watches them is more like a dance party. She knows all the moves to all their dances. Considering the coordination skills she’s getting from her gene pool, The Wiggles have already given her a leg up in life.

I bought tickets for the concert this AM and told her we’re going to go see them in a couple months. She talked about them for like an hour and a half (like a true groupie). Then she informed me she wants HI-5 (Yes, we have the CD & know all the dance moves to this one too. Zoot would be so proud,) to come visit too.

0 comments: